What is the SELT?
For UK Visa or Citizenship Application
For visa or citizenship applications, you may need to prove your knowledge of English by passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT).
The Secure English Language Test (SELT) is considered by the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) authorities as proof of an applicant’s knowledge of English. The difference between a SELT and other types of language tests is that a Secure English Language Test is officially recognised and trusted by the British government.
The level of test you will need, known as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level, will depend on the route you are applying for.
Always check the GOV.UK website for the latest language level requirements for the visa you are applying for.
How can Study Online English help you?
I can help you prepare for the officially approved tests for the CEFR level you need to apply for a visa to study, work or join family in the UK, where evidence of your English language ability at a specific level is required with your own personalised lessons:
- Online lessons from the comfort of your own home via Skype, Zoom etc.
- Individualized lessons tailored to help YOU improve in your specific areas of weakness.
- Ask any question and get in-depth feedback and guidance.
- Flexible to suit your schedule.
- Puts you in control of what you want to focus on and for how long and at your own pace.
- Help with your writing skills
- Recorded pronunciation corrections sent to you after each lesson
The officially approved tests that I can help you prepare for are:
IELTS SELT Consortium tests are:
- IELTS for UKVI
- Life Skills
LanguageCert tests are:
- LanguageCert International ESOL SELT
- LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Speaking and Listening)
Trinity College London tests are:
- Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
- Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE)